Being a diverse field, SEO requirements tend to change a lot every once in a while. In fact, many companies tend to find this aspect quite tiring as keeping up with the latest updates becomes a lot to deal with, especially if they are new to the field.
But to get good traffic and in return boosting your website’s traffic is what you should aim for, therefore learning everything is essential. Also, keeping yourself updated with the latest factors that dominate the search engines is also a crucial step towards making your brand name more visible in the competitive online realm.
So in case you are new to the digital or online marketing field and aren’t sure how to proceed towards increasing your ranks online, then this article can help. Let’s explore those 7 essential SEO ranking factors that will dominate the search engines this 2018!
Well, all the points I would be discussing in this article helped me build an SEO company which provides best SEO services in Bangalore. Do let’s dive in and learn how you can dominate the SERP.
Crucial SEO Ranking Factors to Dominate Search Engines in 2018
Making Your URLs More Accessible
This one comes as no surprise. You need to make sure that bots of different search engines are able to reach your page and crawl it. To help these bots, your team and you should work on the robot.txt file and a sitemap. While a robot.txt file informs the search engine about where they can and cannot find certain information about your site. A sitemap, on the other hand, will list all the pages at your site.
Other than that, it is also essential to secure your website. And to help you do so, experts advice to make a switch from HTTP to HTTPS. In case you’ve still got to enable the SSL security, then it’s time to do it now.
Boost Desktop & Mobile Page Speed
Over the years, increased page speed has become a pivotal factor to impact the rankings of a website. Improved user experience due to fast-loading time for a website will surely help you rank better in SERPs.
In fact, Google released a search algorithm update where websites with good mobile page speed will be given more preference. However, it is said to affect the site from July 2018.
Build a Mobile Friendly Website
With the increasing use of mobile devices for every second search online, it has become essential for business owners to develop a website that is mobile-friendly. In fact, this is one of the determining factors for search engines like Google to rank a website in SERPs.
Therefore, if your site isn’t optimized according to the needs of mobile users, then it is at risk of falling down in terms of ranking online – resulting in decreased visibility online.
Domain Age Matters!
According to a study by Ahrefs, 60% of sites whose domain has aged 3 or more years get to rank in the top 10 results of Google search. However, those websites that are less than a year old, hardly achieve the same result. Moreover, the domain name relevance to the business also plays a pivotal role in determining the rank of a website.
Work Towards Optimizing Your Content
Another factor that dominates the ranking system in search engines is content. You need to ensure that your content is optimized for the following things in mind:
- Incorporation of right keywords is essential. In fact, writers should ensure that they include the primary and secondary keywords in the content and also make them a part of the sub-heads to make the content more searchable for prospective visitors.
- Curate content that is in sync with the theme of the website or particular service page.
- Make sure the content is unique and delivers the marketing message in as precise manner as possible. The content should be actionable, which means that the moment the visitor reads through the page, they are able to take a decisive action and ultimately lead to your services hassle-free.
On-Site Changes Are Sure to Make the Difference
If you plan to further improve your website ranking, then the following on-site changes become mandatory.
- Title tags and meta description should be updated as per the service offered on the specific page. But while you do this, make sure you take into consideration the current character count for both the aspects. It will further help to improve the results of the website.
- Always ensure that your content has subheadings and flows in the H1, H2, and H3 format. This makes content readability easier for visitors.
- Ensure to use keyword phrases while curating image alt-tags. By optimizing your image, you allow your content to be found by prospective customers.
- Adding schema markup on the site will prove beneficial for your brand online. Your visitors can see more information as they search your brand name in SERPs.
Think of Improving User Experience
In the recent years, Google has put artificial intelligence to work to help it rank websites in SERPs. This AI is called the RankBrain. Other than this, Google has put to use various other indicators that help it rank websites easily. Let’s see some below.
- Bounce rate is one indicator that surely makes the work simpler for Google to rank website easily. To see how many people bounced from a website without making a purchase for the product or service, helps them know that the site isn’t able to deliver what customers are looking for.
- Click Through Rate (CTR) is a great signal for Google to understand how many people clicked on a website URL after they see it in search results.
- Last but not the least is the dwell time that shows how long a visitor stays at the website once they arrive.
Let’s Dominate the Search Engine With These Ranking Factors!
Rankings are of great importance to every business owner. In fact, good rankings mean increased visibility online, giving the business a chance to reach its target audience hassle-free. However, all this is only possible if the organization works towards implementing the above mentioned 7 essential ranking factors to their site.
I have ranked multiple travel agencies using the above techniques, which I have documented in an article. Just using SEO for travel agencies, we have helped them grow their business by 287 percent in less than 6 months.
Once implemented, the business is sure to reach its goals effectively, leaving their competitors behind.